Silk, one of the oldest known fibres, is produced by the silkworm. The entire process includes the growing of eggs till it developed into cocoons. From these cocoons, miles of thread is developed which are actually used in making silk sarees. The silk threads actually get dipped into different color to integrate into the sarees. Chinese were the first that actually started with the manufacturing of silk sarees. There are different kinds of moths that have high economic values. The four commercially known natural silk fabrics are: – Mulberry Silk, Tussar Silk, Muga Silk, Eri Silk.
- Mulberry Silk – The silk worm feeds on the mulberry plant. In India, this particular silk is produced in the states like Karnataka, West Bengal, and Tamil Nadu.
- Eri Silk– This is a long lasting, thick, warm, soft silk and India is one of the largest producers of such fabric.
- Muga Silk– This silk is actually manufactured in Assam state and is obtained from semi-domesticated silkworm.
- Tussar Silk– This silk is generally cultivated in the eastern states of India.
Here are some wide ranges of fabrics which are furnished and manufactured in different Hand loom centers. Some are:-
- Plain Silk fabrics– This fabric is produced both in handloom as well as power loom. These fabrics are used in different checks and stripes.
- Dupoin fabrics – This kind of fabric is the specialty of Bangalore hand looms. They are produced through twisted filature wrap and are available in different quality, shades, and color. These are just apt to use for any dress material.
- Charkha Silk – The sari manufacturers mainly use this fabric when they want to produce decorative sarees. These are made using filature in the wrap and particularly this fabric is thicker than other fabrics.
- Crepe – This kind of Silk is new in trend and is actually woven on power looms. The most famous Mysore crepe saree is a must have for every woman.
- Murshidabad Silk – The fabric is available in different qualities like 16s, 18s, and 20s and so on and is perfect to use for manufacturing sarees.
The variety of silk sarees available in India is one of the existing examples where millions of craftsmen are weaving such beautiful silk sarees. Aparnaa fabric store is one such hub where anyone can get an immense variety of silk sarees that are not only unique but affordable too.