Other than cotton and silk, the art silk sarees kolkata is producing these days are becoming popular among customers. Here’s knowing more about art silk as fabric.
Kolkata is known for its cotton sarees. Kolkata is also known for its silk sarees. But nowadays the art silk sarees kolkata is producing is also grabbing eye-balls for its fine texture and quality. The popularity is almost at par with silk fabric kolkata is known for. Here are a few information about the fabric known as art-silk.
What is art silk?
- Art Silk is the short form of Artificial Silk. It is a synthetic fiber. Often rayon material is referred to as art silk. However other than rayon, it can also be made of mercerized cotton, polyester, a blend of all of these or simply a blend of rayon and silk.
What is the origin of art silk?
- In the 1890s the first art silk developed. It was made of cellulose fiber. It was named Art silk. It was then also called viscose, after the trade name of a particular manufacturer. However in 1924 the fiber was named Rayon. Though, it is more popular by the name of Art Silk.
What makes it so popular?
- One of the prime reasons of the popularity of art Silk is the fact that it gives a near resemblance to silk, without being much costly. A good quality Art Silk can easily pass of as silk. Also, like silk, the material is very light and very comfortable to be used as a fabric. So, during the summer months, it is especially popular as a daily wear. It is considered a fairly breathable material which makes it easy to wear.
Why is it used for different forms of garment:
- Art silk is very versatile and can be used on and for various purposes. One can do fabric painting, embroidery or simply use it printed. The fabric looks good in every form of garment – as a Saree, as a dress material for salwar suits, for lehengas and for dresses.
Why is it good to opt for art silk?
- If one wants to add a variety of collections to his or her wardrobe, it is good to opt for art silk. This is because art silk adds to the ethnic look of a garment, as well as is suitable for western type of garments. And a number of dresses or garments can be made within a particular budget. Nowadays a huge collection of garments made of art silk are available both in showroom as well as online. Garment manufacturers these days prefer to use art silk to produce a variety of garments, hence most wholesalers these days have a huge collection and stock of art silk materials.
Are art silk sarees a replacement for silk sarees?
- Art silk sarees are technically a different material than silk. While silk is derived from natural sources, art silk is totally an artificial make. However, art silk sarees give a very good and gorgeous look, nearly like that of a silk. Hence, it is good to invest in a few art silk sarees.